Things I like:
- black coffee [hot & cold brew are my favorite]
- sitting on our deck on my lunch break
Yesterday, as I sat there watching Massey do sprints around the yard, I started daydreaming about a frozen mocha. I’m pretty weak when it comes to daydreaming about food. If I think about it, I end up eventually getting it because I have no self control. For example, I once called Dunkin Donuts at 9:30 p.m. at night on a Tuesday to see if they had any chocolate chip cookie dough donuts left. They did. So of course we went…and they were disgusting. Whatever! I had to try it.
So on I daydreamed, and then I started thinking about all of the delicious recipes I have seen popping up on blogs and on Pinterest that involved coffee…which led me to remember that I had frozen bananas! Which then set off a lightbulb that I should just make my own frozen mocha without spending $600.00 on one.
Trust me. You want this. And you want it now. It’s a drink version of a chocolate-covered banana!
4 Ingredient Coffee Smoothie
Serves 2 humans
- 1 & 1/2 C cold coffee (I would have added more but that’s all I had)
- 1 & 1/2 frozen bananas
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 C unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- A dollop of whipped cream/cool whip [optional]
- A handful of chocolate chips [optional]
Okay….I used 6 ingredients…
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a blender & frappe/blend/pulse/choose a fun button. If adding chocolate chips, also add those.
- Pour the deliciousness in to a fun glass.
- Spoon in your dollop of whip & top with chocolate chips!
Next time, I’m adding peanut butter!
As much as I love going out for coffee, this was extremely easy on my wallet, and I enjoyed it at home 🙂