When I’m out for lunch, the last thing I would ever choose to order is a wrap. Honestly, I’m not really a wrap kinda gal. I prefer a sandwich. But this, my friends, this is a wrap I will easily make again because 1) the ingredients are all delicious 2) it took me about 3 minutes to make and 3) it’s healthy and perfect for lunch!
Mediterranean/Mexican lunch wrap
Serves One Human
- A tortilla – I chose the La Tortilla Factory 100 calorie tortillas, mostly because they’re 100% whole wheat
- Hummus (I used Roasted Red Pepper) – use as much or as little as you would like
- A Mexican blend of cheese – once again, use as much or as little as you would like
- A leaf from a Romaine heart, washed, and chopped into medium sized pieces
- 1/4 C garbanzo beans/chickpeas
- Greek Yogurt – use as much or as little as you would like
1) Spread a layer of hummus on your tortilla. I started from the middle and spread a little over 1/3 of the tortilla. My layer was thin, but you could easily add it pretty thick.
2) Spread your garbanzo beans/chickpeas on top of the hummus
3) Top with Mexican cheese
4) Spread the Romaine on top of the cheese
5) Dollop your Greek yogurt on top of the Romaine – I did little dollops so it covered the whole spread.
5) Wrap it up! I’m not a good wrap wrapper, so I used a toothpick, but whatever, it worked! I sliced mine in half so it was easier to eat.
I served it with a massive sized apple and some Hyvee potato chips! Perfect lunch, and I bet you could get kids to eat it too!
There is plenty of fiber in this wrap, as well as protein from the beans and the greek yogurt. There’s also the added bonus of a little dairy, the greens, and the hummus. Win win on all levels!